Sunday, June 9, 2013

Why on earth?

Right before bed on Sunday night, they were wrestling like maniacs on our hard-wood floor.  They had bathed, in pajamas, hair-caps on, teeth brushed.  I don't know exactly what was happening because I'd been cleaning up from our weekly Sunday afternoon potluck. 

I heard a loud 'thunk' and whipped my head around to see my son laying on his back, hands over his face and my daughter crouched beside him.  He screamed at the top of his little lungs, "WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU DO THAT TO ME?"

He screamed and screamed, and I couldn't help finding it so very funny that he took the time to wail this question before truly letting loose the tears.

He wouldn't sit with his dad and sister for a story, wanting only to be with me. 

"I want mama."

So I sat with everyone on the couch as he calmed down and the bump on his head got bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment