Monday, May 27, 2013

Mama's boy

All I remember about the circumstances surrounding this small moment is that there was a lot of activity.  There were kids running around, coming in and out of our house, and I think it was a Saturday.

My son was wearing his favorite white tank-top with a race car on the front, the one his best friend has a matching one of and that they wear together sometimes.  He ran into the house, approached me, stuck his thumb in his mouth.  The second I picked him up, he became my baby again.

He wrapped his legs around my waist, rested his head on my right shoulder and wrapped his arms around my shoulders to where his favorite thumb could make its way into his mouth.  He immediately began humming "go to sleep, go to sleep, go to sleep little baby..."

My husband looked at us and said, "He knows who mama is." For me, it was a completely delicious moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment