Monday, April 15, 2013

Burdens

The forecast said rain so it's been an unexpectedly beautiful day in Oregon.

A new friend has been diagnosed with thyroid cancer and wrote me at 1:00 am last night that she was awake very scared.  Today she had to tell her boss, coworkers, daughter.

I sat this morning alone at home before my second orthopedic doctor visit post-broken arm and wrote a post-placement report on one of our children. There is a small chance we could make connection as soon as next week with a first family, and the weight of this is...heavy.

The news out of Boston. A friend was there today in the crowd to cheer on her sister.  When I saw on fb that she was okay, I cried.

A parent at my kids' school told me today about a service she went to this weekend to memorialize a nine-year-old girl who died of lymphoma, having battled it since age four.

A church in the area that is dear to us is going through a confusing shift (at least to us), and the burden weighs.

On Friday night, I fell asleep crying as I thought about the reunion of my favorite Christian writer with my favorite Christian songwriter.  The former passed on out of this life Friday.

A man in my program at work who I've been trying for three years to get into an employment program made a mistake that cost him his spot.  A job had already been lined up for him that was a perfect fit.  On Friday when the case manager called me with the news, I was heart broken and angry.

A single mother sat in the lobby of my work site today holding her 3-month-old girl.  She was there seeking energy assistance.  An African refugee with a shut-off notice and an infant.  I leaned in close to engage the baby who ended up cooing at me for a while.  They smelled like cooking.

My kids read Frog and Toad out loud tonight after working on homework.

It rained at sunset, and everyone was instagramming shots of the rainbows.


No comments:

Post a Comment