Saturday, March 16, 2013

To Bed

After tolerating for too long squirms, whines, pokes, jabs, and all forms of general squirreliness during our nightly reading of Prince Caspian, I finally sent my son up to bed before the chapter was finished.  He cried the whole way up but immediately got quiet when he hit the bed.

Less than ten minutes later with the chapter finished, I came up to his room and told him to scootch over.  He snuggled into me, and I asked him what was going on, why he was being so annoying to everyone downstairs.

With his thumb in his mouth and snuggled into me, he shrugged and said, "I don't really know.  I was even irritating myself."

Sometimes we just need to be put to bed.  He asked me to lay next to him until he fell asleep, which I did. 

1 comment:

  1. So true. I just put myself to bed the other night before I got even worse.

    ReplyDelete