Sunday, February 24, 2013

Little MJ

Snippets from an email exchange between my son's teacher and me.

Teacher:
At the end of the day, I reminded the kids that sharing is on Monday, that it was their sharing day, as I forgot to put it in the kindergarten news.  As Abe walked past me, he said, "you know what I am sharing!". I said "what?" and he said my dancing.  I told him to practice and he said I don't need to because I can just do it!  I love his confidence!  

Me:
Thank you so much for telling me about what Abe said on Friday. This whole sharing of the dancing thing is blowing my mind, considering how shy he's been the last few years when it comes to standing in front of a crowd.  Tonight, he said, "What if I get scared tomorrow?"  I asked him what he'll do if he's scared, and he said, "Well, I'm not gonna quit." 

Then tonight, just so you know what you might be in for tomorrow, he ripped his shirt off mid-performance of "Bad."  


Tomorrow is the big day for him to share his dancing, something he has insisted on doing.  I'm hoping both that he doesn't choke and that he keeps his shirt on.





No comments:

Post a Comment