Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Birth Announcement

Until my daughter is old enough to tell me not to, I will speak with each of her teachers at the beginning of every school year about group projects that involve baby photos.  So far, her teachers have all been understanding and sympathetic to the reality that we will probably never have baby pictures of her or any of those "milestone" facts about her infancy.  I try to stay sensitive to her mood as we look at her brother's baby photos, and so far she's only expressed a couple of  times that she wishes she had them too.  In fact, lately, she seems to get a kick out of going through old family photos and especially videos where she can laugh at how cute her little brother was as a toddler.

I read today about this birth announcement, the one here where a boy was adopted at age 13 with no baby photos passed down.  So this is what how his new mother introduced them into their circle of friends and family.  I wish I had thought of this.  I find it hilarious and actually very touching.  Older child adoption rocks.

1 comment:

  1. I thought this was great too. What a fun and silly and loving thing to do.

    ReplyDelete