Monday, January 14, 2013

Monday

Right now, my entire mouth is sore after a torturous appointment at the dentist.

Our daughter will be missing her second day of school tomorrow with some ailment that had her fever up to 103.4 this afternoon.  Through it all, she wanted to work on her reading tonight and for me to color her Hello, Kitty book with her.

Today it snowed wispy little flurries that almost made up their minds to stick.

A friend and I drove two of the elders I work with to visit their old art teacher, the one recovering (hopefully) from cancer.  She is no longer driving and now uses a walker full-time.   I was so happy to see her.  We will come again next week.

Our son, who has been resistant to much regarding church, was singing one of the gospel songs to himself tonight during dinner.  One of the things I love best about our church is the music, and it made me happy to hear his little voice singing.


I made chicken broth and chicken salad for lunches after more meetings at work about a project.  I could work on the project tonight but will, instead, watch the newest episode of Downton Abbey.

That was Monday.

1 comment:

  1. I really wish we were neighbors. I think we could be friends for real. this is a wonderful blog. It makes me more mindful to read it.

    ReplyDelete