Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Cards and Photos

Dining room built-ins covered in holiday cards and photos of the ones who sent them, my favorite thing about this time of year.

After spending all day Christmas eve cooking, we ate yesterday: fancy breakfast food, sausage and shrimp gumbo, sweet potato casserole, roasted brussels sprouts, dirty rice, cornbread, collard greens, ambrosia salad, pumpkin pie, and peppermint cookies.  I didn't eat breakfast this morning: still wasn't hungry.

Gifts opened, just the four of us.

An evening walk in the dark, cold drizzle.  The dog's head wrapped in a Russian-style napkin-scarf.  Another late bedtime.

I packed away a lot of the decorations this afternoon after going in to work for a few hours.  The tree is still up.  It will go down maybe tomorrow. 

I'll leave the cards and photos up through January.  I'm hoping it helps through my bleakest month.

No comments:

Post a Comment